13 January, 2015
Pastry cream (Crème Pâtissière)
Rich and creamy filling for pastries.
Write a review
- 4 egg yolks
- 65g castor sugar
- 300ml full cream milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a heat proof bowl, until pale and increased in volume.
- Add the flour and corn starch. Mix thoroughly to combine and set aside.
- Place milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to boil.Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the boiling milk in to the egg mixture while whisking.
- Then transfer the mixture back in to the saucepan and cook stirring on medium heat until thickened.
- Pour the thick cream in to a bowl and cover the surface with a cling wrap.
- Once cooled down, refrigerate for few hours.
- Use as desired.
- Lasts 3-4 days in fridge.
- Makes about 2 cups
Voddy's Kitchen http://voddyskitchen.com.au/