31 October, 2015
Mini blueberry tartlets
Mini tart shells can be made ahead and frozen. So you can bake them whenever you feel like it. But they are better when made fresh. I love making shortcrust pastry and try different variations every time. But the basic sweet shortcrust is always the best when you want to try different fillings and toppings.
- Sweet shortcrust pastry (enough to cover 4 mini tart pans)
- 1/2 cup pastry cream
- 1/2 cup blue berries
- 4 tbsp. blueberry or strawberry jam melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate melts
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a floured surface to 3mm thickness.
- Use the rolled dough to cover mini tart pans or rings.
- Cut out the excess dough and shape using floured fingers.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Cover tartlets with baking paper and bake weights or rice. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and bake for a further 10 minutes until shells are well baked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave, and brush the inside of the cooled tart shells and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Spoon pastry cream in to tart shells.
- Mix the blueberries with melted jam and place a spoonful on each tart.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately. Multiply the recipe as you wish.