29 November, 2015
Crispy pineapple wrap
This is really simple quick snack that I often make with whatever fruit that I have at hand. The pineapple was very ripe and juicy and sweet. If not I would have cooked it in a sugar syrup. You can use, other fruits like, peaches, apricot etc.
I’m using homemade puff pastry, but you can use store bought ones as well. Just let it thaw until pliable.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 cups pineapple
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 egg to wash
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet cut in to two.
- Cut one half of each sheet using a lattice cutter.
- Place pineapple pieces on the uncut half and sprinkle some sugar.
- Cover pineapples using the other side, making sure to stretch to make the lattice pattern visible.
- Repeat with the second sheet.
- Egg wash the top, place on a tray and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Best served with some vanilla ice cream on the side.