13 January, 2015
Fluffy chocolate frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
Write a review
- 100g soft butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- In a mixer, beat butter until soft and fluffy.
- Sift icing sugar and set aside.
- Combine hot water and chocolate in to a smooth paste and let cool down.
- Add chocolate paste to butter and beat on medium speed.
- Gradually add icing sugar beating after each addition.
- Leftover can be stored in refrigerator covered with a cling wrap for up to a week.
- When reusing refrigerated butter cream, let it thaw and beat until fluffy.
- Makes about 2 cups.
Voddy's Kitchen http://voddyskitchen.com.au/