8 October, 2015
A basic vanilla buttercream. For a whiter icing, use vegetable shortening instead of butter.
Basic vanilla buttercream
Write a review
- 100g soft butter
- 11/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk (optional)
- In a mixer, beat butter until soft and fluffy. Sift icing sugar and set aside.
- Gradually add icing sugar beating after each addition.
- If mixture is stiff, add a few drops of milk and beat until fluffy.
- Leftover can be stored in refrigerator covered with a cling wrap for up to a week.
- When reusing refrigerated butter cream, let it thaw and beat until fluffy.
Voddy's Kitchen http://voddyskitchen.com.au/